Chiropractic treatment isn’t just for adults. Kids may need Chiropractic treatment too!
Have you ever thought about how many times kids might fall down, hit their heads or bounce across the ground with absolutely no grace or subtlety whatsoever? Or even looking back further in their young lives, the birthing process alone is traumatic to a baby’s body.
During childbirth the baby’s head is twisted and rotated which may cause the small bones in the neck and spine to shift out of alignment. These are exactly the kind of things that could cause vertebral subluxations - jamming or mis-alignments of the spinal vertebrae. Vertebral subluxations in infants and children may be related to many common health problems including (but not limited to):
- Ear Infections – The inner ear canal in infants and young children is more horizontal than that of an adult so fluid can easily build up in the middle ear and cause infections. Gentle adjustment of the upper neck vertebrae can assist drainage of fluid and stop the ear infection. *Remember, most ear infections are viral and do not respond to antibiotics.
- ADD/ADHD – Research shows that Chiropractic care may be helpful in treating ADD/ADHD and other behavioural problems in children. When the vertebrae in the neck are out of alignment they can affect circulation and brain chemistry. It’s always a great idea to check with a Chiropractor to find out what kind of state your child’s spine is in before relying on a medication that may have harmful side effects.
- Asthma – Spinal adjustments may be very helpful in alleviating symptoms of asthma, such as shallow breathing, tightness of the chest, and neck strain.
- Bed Wetting (Nocturnal Enuresis) – Research shows that if the lower lumbar or pelvic bones are jammed up or out of alignment this can be a physiological cause of bedwetting. Chiropractic adjustments can correct the alignment and alleviate the problem.
- Scoliosis – 5% of children aged 10-14 years of age experience a lateral curvature of the spine which is more commonly referred to as Scoliosis. Scoliosis can cause back pain, headaches and other posture related disorders and in severe cases can affect the lungs and heart. Chiropractic treatment has been proven to help prevent many of the symptoms related to Scoliosis and also prevent worsening of the curve. Early detection is key!
- And much more...
At Creative Healing Chiropractic we have state of the art equipment to help check your infant or child and evaluate any possible health risks and create a personalized program to make sure they continue to grow healthy and strong.